We are moving into YHVH’s prophetic calendar
Recap: Days of Awe
- Ten days from Rosh Hashanah to Yom Kippur, a time for introspection and considering the sins of the previous year.
- The shofar is sounded every morning to remind everyone to remember and confess their sins.
- The Days of Awe are the final 10 days of repentance – diligently seek Elohiym’s forgiveness, and our fellow man’s forgiveness.
- If we can’t confess our sins or one to another, the truth is not in us!
The Days of Awe start on or immediately after the Feast of Trumpets, when historically, the Temple doors were left open until the end of the Day of Atonement. I hope that everyone who hears this message already has his name in Yahweh’s Book of Life. These Days of Awe picture the days that are set aside for the repentance and forgiveness of those who are not in the Book of Life, those who will have to experience Elohiym’s wrath before they are motivated enough to turn to Yahweh Elohiym in deep-felt repentance. It is my fervent prayer that none of us finds ourselves in that situation through lack of repentance.
Repentance, Judgment, Awe &Reconciliation
The 10 days of awe: Time to turn back to YHVH in repentance (soul searching) before the books will be sealed:
All the ends of the world
shall remember and turn unto Yahuvah and all kindred’s of the nations
shall worship before thee. (Psalm 22:27)
Turn us again, O Elohiym, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved. (Psalm 80:3)
But all matters being reproved1 are manifested by the light, for whatever is manifested is light. (Eph 5:13)
That is why He says, “Wake up, you who sleep, and arise from the dead, and Messiah shall shine on you.” (Eph 5:14)
Day of Atonement
Yom Kippur Holiest day of the year!
Shabbat of Shabbats
Commanded to be kept forever!
In The month of Tishri (“Beginning”, from šurrû “To begin“ also “released” and “Judgment”. Ethanim (Hebrew: אֵתָנִים – 1 Kings 8:2).
Yom Kippur short for Yom Hakippurim – meaning: Day of covering and concealing.
Love covers a multitude of sin – May your High Priest (Yahushua Ha Messiah) cover and conceal your sin, so that you can find atonement (at-one-ment) with your Creator Yahuvah Elohiym.
And why would Yahushua conceal sin? Because sin separates us from YHVH’s presence.
For this reason this is not a joyful time like the other feasts. We should humbly afflict ourselves (in shame) before our High Priest – for only He (They) know the hidden sin inside all of us.
So we were given this one day of undivided attention, to be able to find atonement. In order for us to be cleansed in the sight of Elohiym. It is only the blood of Yahushua that covers and conceals our sin (hidden sin) – from Elohiym’s coming wrath.
1Co 15:51 See, I speak a secret to you: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet (Day of Atonement). For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible has to put on incorruption, and this mortal to put on immortality. 54 And when this corruptible has put on in corruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall come to be the word that has been written, “Death is swallowed up in overcoming.” 55 “O Death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your overcoming?” 56 And the sting of death is the sin, and the power of the sin is the Torah. 57 But thanks to Elohiym who gives us the overcoming through our Master יהושע Messiah.
Rom 5:8 But Elohiym proves His own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Messiah died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been declared right by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if, being enemies, we were restored to favour with Elohiym through the death of His Son, much more, having been restored to favour, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only this, but we also exult in Elohiym through our Master יהושע Messiah, through whom we have now received the restoration to favour. 12 For this reason, even as through one man sin did enter into the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned – 13 for until the Torah, sin was in the world, but sin is not reckoned when there is no Torah. 14 But death reigned from Adam until Moshe, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the favourable gift is not like the trespass. For if by the one man’s trespass many died, much more the favour of Elohiym, and the gift in favour of the one Man, יהושע Messiah, overflowed to many. 16 And the favourable gift is not as by one having sinned. For indeed the judgment was of one to condemnation, but the favourable gift is of many trespasses unto righteousness. 17 For if by the trespass of the one, death did reign through the one, much more those who receive the overflowing favour and the gift of righteousness shall reign in life through the One, יהושע Messiah. 18 So then, as through one trespass there resulted condemnation to all men, so also through one righteous act there resulted righteous-declaring of life to all men. 19 For as through the disobedience of one man many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the One many shall be made righteous. 20 And the Torah came in beside, so that the trespass would increase. But where sin increased, favour increased still more, 21 so that as sin did reign in death, even so favour might reign through righteousness to everlasting life through יהושע Messiah our Master.
The difference between Shabbat and Day of Atonement:
|The seventh day of every week|
|The end of introspection of the previous six days|
|Confessions of the known sin you have committed throughout the week – against your Maker, your neighbour and yourself|
|Day of rest and enjoying time with Elohiym, family and friends|
|Recovering and restoration of body, mind and soul|
|Giving thanks towards Abba-Emma (YHVH Eloah) for provision and protection|
|Weekly appointment and communion|
|Day of Atonement|
|The seventh month|
|The end of the 10 days of awe|
| Seeking His grace and mercy to cover and conceal your sin (against the Ten instructions) from His judgment |
and right ruling
|Afflicting your soul in order to find grace and mercy before the throne|
|Being cleansed through the innocent blood of the perfect sacrifice – Yahushua Ha Messiah|
|Humbly acknowledge that we do not deserve His love and forgiveness|
|The most holy (kadosh) day of the year, set-apart for at-one-ment with Elohiym|
Lev 16:29 “And this shall be for you a law forever: In the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you afflict your beings, and do no work, the native or the stranger who sojourns among you. 30 “For on that day he makes atonement for you, to cleanse you, to be clean from all your sins before יהוה.
Lev 23:27 “On the tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. It shall be a set-apart gathering for you. And you shall afflict your beings, and shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה. 28 “And you do no work on that same day, for it is the Day of Atonement, to make atonement for you before יהוה your Elohiym. 29 “For any being who is not afflicted on that same day, he shall be cut off from his people.
Psa 90:8 You have set our crookedness before You, Our secret sin in the light of Your face.
1Co 4:5 So do not judge any at all before the time, until the Master comes, who shall bring to light what is hidden in darkness and reveal the thoughts of the hearts. And then each one’s praise shall come from Elohiym.
Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own
heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
Let all the earth fear the YHVH: let all the
inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
Isa 26:20 Go, my people, enter your rooms, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourself, as it were, for a little while, until the displeasure is past.
Isa 26:21 For look, יהוה is coming out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their crookedness. And the earth shall disclose her blood, and no longer cover her slain.
Rev 17:1 And one of the seven messengers who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying to me, “Come, I shall show you the judgment of the great whore sitting on many waters. 2 with whom the sovereigns of the earth committed whoring, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her whoring.” :3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast covered with names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup filled with abominations and the filthiness of her whoring, 5 and upon her forehead a name written, a secret: BAḆEL THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE WHORES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the set-apart ones, and with the blood of the witnesses of יהושע. And having seen her, I marvelled – greatly marvelled! 7 And the messenger said to me, “Why did you marvel? Let me explain to you the secret of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and the ten horns. 8 “The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the pit of the deep and goes to destruction. And those dwelling on the earth, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, shall marvel when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
What is innocent blood:
Mat 27:4 saying, “I have sinned in delivering up innocent blood (guiltless blood).” And they said, “What is that to us? You see to it!”
- Not physical cleanliness/uncleanness – but spiritual and moral (soul –character of man)
- Meaning: Sin contaminates the soul/character of man = defilement
- Then comes the wrath – physical illness and circumstances
We need – sacrificial goat to make peace (sin offering) with YHVH
- Scapegoat for Azazel – for placing our sins upon
- Being lead outside the city to be shoved over a cliff so the sins of the people could not return. (Lev 16:8)
- Azazel – meaning: the cliff over which the goat was driven “cliff” and “demon”
Enoch – referred to Azazel as Chief fallen angel
- The Book of Enoch explains that Azazel is a name for Satan. The book is clearly of ancient origin and to them there would have been no question on the meaning: one goat was “for Yahweh” and the other was “for Satan”. In fact, a Wikipedia article points out that even “today in modern Hebrew Azazel is used derogatorily, as in lekh la-Azazel (‘go to Azazel’), as in ‘go to hell'”.
- 1 Enoch 2:8, YHVH says, “On the day of the great judgment he (Azazel) shall be cast into the fire. The whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin”. (hasatan figure)
There are 3 Types of Messiah in Atonements:
- 1. High Priest offering
- 2. Sin/peace offering
- 3. Scapegoat
First offer vs. Second goat
- Heb 9:24 For Messiah has not entered into a Set-apart Place made by hand – figures of the true – but into the heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of Elohiym on our behalf,
- Heb 9:25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters into the Set-apart Place year by year with blood not his own.
- Heb 9:26 For if so, He would have had to suffer often, since the foundation of the world. But now He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the offering of Himself (pass you over – love covers multitude of sins).
- Heb 9:27 And as it awaits men to die once, and after this the judgment,
- Heb 9:28 so also the Messiah, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time, apart from sin, to those waiting for Him, unto deliverance (let go, take away, removal).
- The high priest (in this sense YHVH) then tied a tongue-shaped piece of scarlet cloth to the horn of the goat for Azazel (hasatan), and another around the throat of the goat for Yah (as Yahushua).
- Sin offering – blood taken into the Holy of Holies – for mercy!
- There was a man waiting in order to follow the goat and see that it was successfully lost. In the time of the Second Temple this man was usually a non Israelite” The Scriptures say that this goat is to be taken into the wilderness “by the hand of a fit man.” He then pushed it over backward, and it rolled down the ravine. And it did not reach halfway down the mountain before it broke into pieces. The arrival of the goat at the edge of the wilderness was immediately telegraphed by the waving of flags to the people and the priests back in the Temple precincts.
- Thus this goat will finally carry the sins of the people, and be banished into the wilderness. Is this really a picture of the fate of (ha)satan the devil
More on the name:
- “Scape-goat” denoting Satan; while the other would render the term by “complete removal“; “let go!”
- Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible points out that this term literally means “GOAT OF DEPARTURE.” It comes from two roots — aze, “a she goat (as strong),” and azal, aw-zal — “a primitive root to GO AWAY, hence to DISAPPEAR, fail, go to and fro, BE GONE, SPENT.”
Another source states:
- The word lz)z( is a contraction of lzlz( and means “entire removal,” derived from the Aramaic root lz( “to remove,” intensified by the reduplication lz. According to this interpretation, “for Azazel” signifies “for the entire removal of GUILT” (BDB, 481; D. Hoffman, Das Buch Leviticus 1-11, Berlin 1905/1906, 444).
- The encyclopedia Insight On the Scriptures provides us with the Hebrew Masoretic understanding —
- If we hold to the spelling in the Hebrew Masoretic text, “aza’.zel” seems to be a combination of two root words meaning “goat” and disappear.” Thus the meaning “Goat That Disappears”….The Latin Vulgate renders the Hebrew word as capro emissario, that is, “the emissary goat,” or “the scapegoat.” And the Greek expression used in the Septuagint means “THE ONE CARRYING AWAY (averting) EVIL” (Vol. 1, p. 225).
- The Greek translators did not regard azazel as a proper name, but connected it with ‘azal, a verb that does not appear in the Old Testament. The meaning they gave it was “to send away.” Hence the full meaning of the Hebrew expression would be “in order to send away.” The Latin translation followed this same understanding.
Cast into the Bottomless Pit
- Let us read more of the quote just cited from the Book of Enoch.
- And again the Lord said to Raphael: Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein.
- And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there forever, and cover his face that he may not see light.
- And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. . . .
- And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.” (Enoch 10:4-6, 12)
- The Key to the Bottomless Pit. So here we see that Raphael is appointed to take Azazel to the desert (wilderness), and to cast him down into a cavern of jagged stones, that he might be entirely gone forever. That is now really beginning to sound like the scapegoat being led into the uninhabited wilderness and pushed off a cliff to die by being crushed on jagged stones. It would also indicate that the “appointed” man would represent the angel Raphael. Maybe those who extended the ceremony beyond what is found in Leviticus knew exactly what they were doing. Even if that final scene was not commanded by YHVH, it showed that they understood “for Azazel” to refer to Azazel of the Book of Enoch, and they arranged for the scapegoat to meet his demise as described therein.
- Note the close comparison to the description of the final end of Satan in the Book of Revelation:
- And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
- And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
- And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. . . .
- And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:1-3, 10)
- Here John clearly saw an angel cast Satan into a bottomless pit, apparently with the express reason to prevent him from deceiving the nations. Combining this with the above quote from Enoch implies that Raphael was the angel who binds Satan, and that the bottomless pit corresponds to the cavern opening up in the earth filled with jagged stones. Then both books agree that the final end of Satan is that he is cast into the lake of fire (see also 2 Nephi 9:16,19; 28:23; Jacob 3:11; D&C 76:36).
May you (and your family/loved ones) find at-one-ment with your Maker and His Ruach Spirit
May His face shine upon you
Blessings Roxzaan Botha